Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Malicious add-ons, part of CompTIA Security+ Exam Prep (SY0-401): Threats and Vulnerabilities.
- Browser add-ons are a valuable way…to add functionality for web users,…but they can also become malicious.…Let's take a look at how add-ons and extensions work,…and what security risks they pose.…Browser add-ons provide third-party developers…with the ability to customize…the browsing experience by adding functionality.…Some examples of this include adding email functionality…such as returning messages to the inbox…after a specified period of time,…posting web pages to social media sites,…managing passwords, or running video conferences.…
There are, however, some security risks…inherent with browser add-ons.…First, you might not know who wrote the code.…Someone malicious may embed Trojan horses…within a browser extension.…Second, the permissions may be overly broad,…granting third parties access to your personal information.…Let's take a look at how you can manage…browser extensions in Chrome.…If we go back to the Settings screen…and click on Extensions,…you can see the extensions currently enabled.…
Clicking on the Permissions like for any extension…
NOTE: We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. Our training prepares members to pass CompTIA certification exams and become qualified IT professionals. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Comparing viruses, worms, and Trojans
- Understanding backdoors and logic bombs
- Defending against denial of service and password attacks
- Preventing insider threats
- Detecting social engineering attacks
- Preventing wireless eavesdropping
- Understanding cross-site scripting
- Preventing SQL injection
- Deterring attacks
- Securing your network
- Scanning for and assessing threats
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Understanding Attack Types
3. Social Engineering Attacks
4. Wireless Attacks
5. Application Attacks
6. Mitigation and Deterrence
7. Discovering Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.