Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Load balancers, proxies, and web security gateways, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-401) Cert Prep: Network Security.
- Some devices play a hybrid role…serving as both important network devices…and significant security controls.…In this video, we look at three…of these hybrid devices load balancers,…proxies, and web security gateways.…Basic web server configurations…look something like this.…Assigning an IP address to a web server…located on a DMZ network.…Network administrators then create…a DNS entry that ties the registered domain name…for the server, let's say www.myserver.com,…to the IP address of that server,…then when users type myserver.com…into their web browser they connect…to that web server located in the DMZ.…
This works well as long as the web server…can keep up with those requests from users.…Eventually, if the web site grows,…the demand for the content will exceed…the capacity of the server.…Administrators might respond by making…the server bigger, but eventually the demand…may grow again requiring a bigger and bigger server.…This approach is not scalable,…because eventually administrators won't be able…to purchase a bigger server and they'll also be left…
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Working with the TCP/IP suite
- Securing switches and routers
- Configuring firewalls
- Setting up virtual private networks (VPNs)
- Detecting and preventing network intrusions
- Implementing unified threat management
- Using public and private network addressing effectively
- Segmenting networks
- Virtualization and cloud computing
- Managing secure networks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Cloud Computing and Virtualization
5. Managing Secure Networks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.