After completing this video, the learner will understand the lessons learned and reporting process for security incidents.
- [Voiceover] Once the incident and response team returns…the organization to a normal operating state,…all too often the response effort ends without completing…an important final step,…conducting a lessons learned session and writing…up the results in an incident report.…The lessons learned process is designed…to provide everyone involved in the incident response effort…an opportunity to reflect on their individual role…in the incident, and the team's response overall.…It's an opportunity to improve the processes…and technologies used in incident response,…to better respond to future security crises.…
The most common way to conduct lessons learned…is to gather everyone in the same room,…or connect them via teleconference or video conference,…and ask a trained facilitator to lead…a lessons learned session.…Ideally, this facilitator should have played no role…in the incident response, leaving him or her…with no preconceived notions about the response.…The facilitator should be a neutral party,…who simply helps guide the conversation.…
- Implementing security controls and policies
- Performing a risk assessment
- Understanding the five risk management actions
- Managing third-party relationships (vendors, etc.)
- Mitigating risk with change management, audits and assessments, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Understanding digital forensics
- Providing security and compliance training
- Ensuring physical security
- Planning for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Matching controls to security goals
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Controls and Risks
2. Third-Party Relationships
Vendor agreements3m 34s
3. Risk Mitigation Strategies
4. Incident Response
6. Awareness and Training
7. Physical Security and Environmental Controls
8. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
9. Matching Controls to Security Goals
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.