After completing this video, the learner will be able to identify the security controls that enhance integrity goals. These include hashing, digital signatures, certificates and non-repudiation.
- [Voiceover] Information security professionals…must also apply controls to protect…the integrity of information.…As the second leg of the CIA triad,…integrity controls ensure that…information is not altered without authorization.…Integrity controls protect an organization's…information from accidental or intentional tampering…that may come as the result…of many different issues.…Integrity failures may result from…the intentional alteration of information…such as an employee altering his or her salary,…or a student altering grades.…
They may come from user error,…such as a data entry clerk accidentally…entering the wrong information into a field,…or they may come from software or hardware error…such as an application or hard drive…malfunctioning, and writing erroneous data.…Finally, they may come from acts of nature,…such as a lighting strike that alters information…stored on a disc.…Hashing is one of the core controls…used to protect integrity.…A hash function is a mathematical algorithm…that computes a unique digest from a file of any length.…
- Implementing security controls and policies
- Performing a risk assessment
- Understanding the five risk management actions
- Managing third-party relationships (vendors, etc.)
- Mitigating risk with change management, audits and assessments, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Understanding digital forensics
- Providing security and compliance training
- Ensuring physical security
- Planning for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Matching controls to security goals
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Controls and Risks
2. Third-Party Relationships
Vendor agreements3m 34s
3. Risk Mitigation Strategies
4. Incident Response
6. Awareness and Training
7. Physical Security and Environmental Controls
8. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
9. Matching Controls to Security Goals
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.