After completing this video, the learner will understand information classification techniques, including assigning information to classification levels, labeling classified information and proper information handling and disposal practices.
- [Voiceover] Organizations use information classification…to help users understand the security requirements…around handling different types of information.…Data classification policies describe the security levels…of information used in an organization…and the process for assigning information…to a particular classification level.…The different security categories or classifications…used by an organization determine the appropriate…storage, handling, and access…requirements for classified information.…
Security classifications are assigned…based upon both the sensitivity of information…and the criticality of that information to the enterprise.…Classification schemes vary, but all basically try to group…information into high, medium, and low sensitivity levels…and differentiate between public and private information.…For example, the military uses the familiar…top secret, secret, confidential,…and unclassified classification scheme.…A business, on the other hand, might use…friendlier terms to accomplish the same goal,…
- Implementing security controls and policies
- Performing a risk assessment
- Understanding the five risk management actions
- Managing third-party relationships (vendors, etc.)
- Mitigating risk with change management, audits and assessments, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Understanding digital forensics
- Providing security and compliance training
- Ensuring physical security
- Planning for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Matching controls to security goals
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Controls and Risks
2. Third-Party Relationships
Vendor agreements3m 34s
3. Risk Mitigation Strategies
4. Incident Response
6. Awareness and Training
7. Physical Security and Environmental Controls
8. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
9. Matching Controls to Security Goals
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.