Spam and many other types of hoaxes can be used as weapons of social engineering through impersonation attacks. In this video, learn about common impersonation attacks including spam, phishing, spoofing, vishing, spim, spear phishing, pharming, and whaling.
- [Instructor] You're probably already familiar with spam.…It's hard to open your email inbox…without being bombarded with unwanted messages.…Let's take a look at how spam…and many other types of hoaxes…can be used as weapons of social engineering…through impersonation attacks.…Spam, also known as unsolicited commercial email, or UCE,…consists of unwanted messages sent…for a variety of marketing and scamming purposes.…Most spam is illegal under the CAN-SPAM Act,…but it is difficult to prosecute offenders…because it is often hard to identify them.…
Phishing is a subcategory of spam.…Phishing messages have the explicit purpose…of gaining access to an account.…They want to trick users into revealing passwords…to sensitive accounts such as bank accounts…or employer systems.…For example, an attacker might send thousands…of email messages to random recipients…warning them that they're email accounts…are running out of space,…and that they need to fill out a form to request more space.…When users click the link to fill out the form,…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Comparing viruses, worms, and Trojans
- Backdoors and logic bombs
- Understanding the attacker
- Attack types: from denial of service to brute force attacks
- Preventing insider threats
- Wireless attacks
- Understanding cross-site scripting
- Preventing SQL injection
- Social engineering
- Scanning for vulnerabilities
- Penetration testing
- Assessing the impact of vulnerabilities
Skill Level Beginner
2. Understanding Attackers
3. Understanding Attack Types
4. Wireless Attacks
5. Application Attacks
6. Social Engineering Attacks
7. Vulnerability Scanning and Penetration Testing
8. Impact of Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.