Automation is revolutionizing the information technology field. Learn how organizations may leverage automation to reduce risk.
- [Narrator] Automation is taking the IT field by storm.…Organizations are pushing hard to remove the human element…from technology infrastructure as much as possible,…and move to a strategy that embraces automation…as a away to improve efficiency and reduce risk.…The first place where automation normally enters…an organization is in the creation of servers.…In a legacy approach, system administrators…build servers by hand, and carefully configure them…to meet their specific purpose.…
You could think of each server as a hand-crafted,…artisanal product, meant to be cherished and preserved.…In the world of automation,…servers are created using scripts.…Instead of building a server by hand, engineers instead…write a script that creates the server.…These scripts typically start with a Master Image…that contains the operating system…and any components or settings that…are deployed across the entire enterprise.…The administrator may then pull in specific templates…designed to fulfill common purposes.…
For example, the organization might have a script template…
Looking for study partners?Join the CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 Exam study group
CompTIA Security+ certification is an excellent entry point for a career in information security. This course prepares candidates for the third domain of the qualifying exam: Architecture and Design. The emphasis of this domain is building security into every aspect of your organization—using security standards, user training, secure systems design, smart development practices, cloud computing and virtualization, automation, and physical security controls.
Instructor Mike Chapple has designed the training around the most recent version of CompTIA Security+, SY0-501, which expands coverage of mobile and cloud technologies. By learning about the topics in this course, you'll be prepared to answer questions from the latest exam—and strengthen your own organization's systems and defenses. To join one of Mike's free study groups, visit certmike.com.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Developing security baselines
- Leveraging standards
- Delivering and measuring user training
- Designing a secure network
- Designing secure systems, from the OS to peripherals
- Secure staging and deployment
- Securing smart devices and embedded systems
- Developing secure software
- Cloud computing and virtualization
- Securing hardware, facilities, data centers, and other physical risks
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Security Design
2. User Training
3. Secure Network Design
4. Secure Systems Design
5. Secure Staging and Deployment
Software staging and release4m 51s
6. Embedded System Security
7. Software Development Security
8. Cloud Computing and Virtualization
9. Physical Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.