Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video IPsec, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) Cert Prep: 2 Technologies and Tools.
- [Instructor] When the developers of network technology…created the TCP/IP protocol suite, they honestly…didn't pay too much attention to security.…Now, to be fair, when they developed those standards…in the 1970s, security really wasn't an issue.…This has created a dilemma for cyber security professionals…ever since.…We have a set of protocols that we rely upon every day…that were designed without security in mind,…and we now need to retrofit them to add on…security capabilities.…
The internet protocol security, or IPSec framework,…is a set of protocols designed to add security…capabilities to TCP/IP networking.…Unlike TLS, IPSec reaches deep into the protocol stack…and provides security for the entire payload…of encrypted communications.…IPSec uses two protocols to protect information.…The encapsulating security payload, or ESP protocol,…provides both confidentiality and integrity protection…for the payloads of packets.…
The authentication headers, or AH protocol,…uses an integrity check value to provide tamper-proofing…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.