After completing this video, the learner will understand how IPSec adds security to the otherwise insecure TCP/IP protocol suite.
- When the developers of network technology…created the TCP/IP protocol suite,…they honestly didn't pay too much attention to security.…Now to be fair, when they developed…those standards in the 1970s,…security really wasn't an issue.…This has created a dilemma for…cyber security professionals ever since.…We have a set of protocols that…we rely upon every day that were…designed without security in mind.…And we now need to retrofit them…to add on security capabilities.…
The Internet Protocol Security or IPSec framework…is a set of protocols designed to add security…capabilities to TCP/IP networking.…Unlike TLS, IPSec reaches deep into…the protocol stack and provides security…for the entire payload of encryptic communications.…IPSec uses two protocols to protect information.…The Encapsulating Security Payload or ESP protocol…provides both confidentiality and integrity protection…for the payloads of packets.…
The Authentication Headers or AH protocol…uses an integrity check value to provide…tamper proofing for IP packets.…
This course is part of a six-course series on the CompTIA Security+ exam, and is useful for IT professionals who wish to learn more about information security as well as students preparing to take the Security+ exam.
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Choosing encryption algorithms
- Applying symmetric and asymmetric cryptography standards
- Implementing key management, including key exchange and key stretching
- Working with public keys, trust models, and digital certificates
- Using transport encryption protocols
- Securing wireless networks
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Symmetric Cryptography
3. Asymmetric Cryptography
4. Key Management
5. Public Key Infrastructure
6. Transport Encryption
7. Wireless Security
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.