Join Lisa Bock for an in-depth discussion in this video Hacking ethically, part of Ethical Hacking: Penetration Testing.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] The goal of the Ethical Hacking series is to help system administrators understand how to better protect the assets they manage. I'll focus on the concepts of ethical hacking in order to explain why it's essential in any organization's overall security framework. The tests and procedures I explore should only be executed on your own system, or a system that you are charged with protecting. If ownership and responsibility lie with another party, be sure to get clear written instructions with explicit permission to conduct ethical hacking activities.
Do not investigate individuals, websites, servers, or conduct any illegal activities on any system you do not have permission to analyze.
- Auditing security mechanisms
- Locating vulnerabilities
- Exploring types of penetration testing
- Pen testing techniques
- Following a pen-testing blueprint
- Testing physical, wireless, website, database, and email security
- Outsourcing penetration testing