Security professionals engaging in penetration tests need to be able to use the same tools available to attackers seeking to exploit security controls. An exploitation framework offers an efficient way to do that. In this video, Mike Chapple introduces Me
- [Instructor] Security professionals…engaging in penetration tests need to be able to use…the same tools available to attackers…seeking to exploit security controls.…An exploitation framework…offers an efficient way to do that.…Metasploit is the most common expoitation framework.…It's basically a hacker's Swiss army knife.…Providing an extensible way to to test vulnerabilities…using modular plugins.…Unfortunately, Metasploit like many security tools…can be sued for good or for evil.…
The same flexibility that makes Metasploit…an excellent security testing tool,…also makes it a powerful weapon for attackers.…Metasploit began its life…as an open source project…but was later purchased by the security firm, Rapid 7.…Because of this heritage,…there are now two versions of Metasploit available.…The Metasploit community edition remains free,…while the Metasploit Pro addition is a commercial product…that has some extra features.…
The Metasploit website contains a feature comparison chart…to help you understand what features are available…
We are a CompTIA Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.