- Auditing security mechanisms
- Locating vulnerabilities
- Exploring types of penetration testing
- Pen testing techniques
- Following a pen-testing blueprint
- Testing physical, wireless, website, database, and email security
- Outsourcing penetration testing
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Lisa] Look around your company, and ask yourself: are you secure? You and your team have done everything possible to batten the hatches, using layers of logically-configured devices. But have you done enough to defend your company? Hello, my name is Lisa Bock, and I'm a security ambassador. In this course I'll cover penetration testing and show you how the only way to know if your system is secure is to test it.
I'll review auditing security techniques that help identify any gaps in compliance. In addition, I'll show you how to go about locating security vulnerabilities. I'll show you how you should map out a plan for testing, and then dive into the different types of penetration testing, including checking from the outside in and looking inside the organization. I'll compare black, grey, and white-box testing and review other methods, such as announced and unannounced testing and automated versus manual methods.
I'll discuss what you should test in your organization, such as physical and wireless security, and ask hard questions, such as: "Can our website be hacked?", and "Is your company leaking data "via email or voiceover IP?" This course is part of the Ethical Hacking series. Are you ready? Let's get started.