After completing this video, the learner will understand proper incident esclation and notification procedures.
- [Voiceover] When security professionals…detect a potential incident, they should…immediately swing into first responder mode,…acting to isolate affected systems…and contain the damage caused by the incident.…As soon as they have handled the immediate emergency,…they should move into the incident…escalation and notification process.…The escalation and notification process…has several important objectives.…First, it evaluates the severity of the incident…based upon the incident's potential impact…on the organization's security.…
Second, it escalates the incident…to an appropriate level of incident response.…And finally, it notifies management and other stakeholders…of the incident, and plans to resolve it.…After containing an incident,…responders should begin a triaging process…that identifies the potential impact of the incident.…The process for rating incident severity…should be found in the organization's…incident response procedures.…One common scheme uses a three-tiered scale…of low impact, moderate impact,…
- Implementing security controls and policies
- Performing a risk assessment
- Understanding the five risk management actions
- Managing third-party relationships (vendors, etc.)
- Mitigating risk with change management, audits and assessments, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Understanding digital forensics
- Providing security and compliance training
- Ensuring physical security
- Planning for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Matching controls to security goals
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Controls and Risks
2. Third-Party Relationships
Vendor agreements3m 34s
3. Risk Mitigation Strategies
4. Incident Response
6. Awareness and Training
7. Physical Security and Environmental Controls
8. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
9. Matching Controls to Security Goals
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.