During the course of employment, organizations gather all kinds of sensitive information about employees. In this video, learn how organizations should use minimization, access limitations, encryption, and masking to protect the privacy of the sensitive p
- [Instructor] During the course of employment,…organizations gather all kinds of sensitive information…about their employees.…Much of this information, employees would normally…prefer to be kept private.…This includes the results…of preemployment background checks,…credit checks, and other screenings,…Social Security numbers collected for tax purposes,…salary and other payroll information,…health information,…and information about other types of employee benefits,…and a large number of other pieces…of sensitive information that the organization collects.…
Employers have both a legal and ethical responsibility…to protect employee information from prying eyes,…and ensure that it is not lost or stolen.…Employees trust their employers to preserve their privacy…and there are many ways that the organization…can meet this responsibility.…First is the principle of minimization.…Organizations should collect only the information…that they need in the legitimate course of employment,…and they should store that information…
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.