The components of the Internet of Things bundle technology stacks into other devices. Learn how embedded systems use technology such as system on a chip (SoC) and real-time operating systems (RTOS) to power printers, cameras, medical devices, vehicles, and even aircraft.
- [Instructor] The components of the Internet of things…bundle technology stacks into other larger industrial,…mechanical, home, and transportation systems.…We often refer to the technology component…of an IOT device as an embedded system…because it is a full computer system…embedded inside of another larger system.…For example, you might find an office printer…or multi-function device actually has…an entire computer system inside of it…that runs a common operating system.…
This system operates as a print server…to handle print jobs from other network devices,…a web server to facilitate administration of the printer,…and an email server to send scanned files…to email addresses.…Embedded systems also serve a similar purpose in cameras,…where they can perform image processing, connect…the camera to a network, and allow users…to interact with social media accounts…directly from their cameras.…You'll also find embedded systems…in much larger transportation systems.…
Semi-autonomous vehicles certainly depend upon technology,…
Instructor Mike Chapple has designed the training around the most recent version of CompTIA Security+, SY0-501, which expands coverage of mobile and cloud technologies. By learning about the topics in this course, you'll be prepared to answer questions from the latest exam—and strengthen your own organization's systems and defenses. To join one of Mike's free study groups, visit certmike.com.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Developing security baselines
- Leveraging standards
- Delivering and measuring user training
- Designing a secure network
- Designing secure systems, from the OS to peripherals
- Secure staging and deployment
- Securing smart devices and embedded systems
- Developing secure software
- Cloud computing and virtualization
- Securing hardware, facilities, data centers, and other physical risks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Security Design
2. User Training
3. Secure Network Design
4. Secure Systems Design
5. Secure Staging and Deployment
Software staging and release4m 51s
6. Embedded System Security
7. Software Development Security
8. Cloud Computing and Virtualization
9. Physical Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.