After completing this video, the learner will understand the basic concepts of elliptic curve cryptography (ECC) and quantum cryptography.
- [Voiceover] Let's take a look at two more…encryption technologies that are covered on the exam…but are a little less commonly used.…Elliptic curve cryptography…and Quantum cryptography.…All public key, or asymmetric crypography…is based upon the difficultly…of solving complex mathematical problems.…In the case of the RSA algorithm,…the security of the algorithm…depends upon the difficulty…of factoring the product…of two large prime numbers.…
If you recall from your high school math courses,…prime numbers are numbers…that are divisible only by themselves and one.…Common examples of prime numbers include…one, three, five, seven, and 11.…If I told you that was going to multiply…two prime numbers together…and provide you with the answer,…you might think it would be easy…to figure out from the answer…what those two prime numbers were.…For example, if I tell you that 15…is the product of two prime numbers,…you can easily determine that…those numbers were three and five,…or if I asked you to perform…the prime factorization of 21…
This course is part of a six-course series on the CompTIA Security+ exam, and is useful for IT professionals who wish to learn more about information security as well as students preparing to take the Security+ exam.
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Choosing encryption algorithms
- Applying symmetric and asymmetric cryptography standards
- Implementing key management, including key exchange and key stretching
- Working with public keys, trust models, and digital certificates
- Using transport encryption protocols
- Securing wireless networks
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Symmetric Cryptography
3. Asymmetric Cryptography
4. Key Management
5. Public Key Infrastructure
6. Transport Encryption
7. Wireless Security
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.