In an eavesdropping attack, attackers snoop on network communications, overhearing information that they might not be authorized to see. In this video, learn about the various types of eavesdropping attacks that malicious individuals might use to jeopardize the confidentiality of information.
- [Instructor] In some cases, an attacker…can gain physical or logical access to the network,…and eavesdrop on communications between two systems.…These attacks can be especially dangerous…because they allow the attacker to potentially decrypt…encrypted communications and view confidential information…without the sender's knowledge or consent.…All eavesdropping attacks require some compromise…of the communications path between a client and a server.…This might include tapping into a network device or cable,…or conducting a DNS or ARP poisoning attack…to trick a system into sending traffic…directly to an attacker instead of the intended recipient.…
Let's look at two attacks based upon eavesdropping.…Man in the Middle Attacks, and Replay Attacks.…Here's how most people imagine…web communication takes place.…The user, running a web browser,…initiates a connection to a server,…located somewhere off in a data center.…The reality is that those communications…travel over many network connections along the way.…Any one of the devices in the middle…
- Comparing viruses, worms, and Trojans
- Backdoors and logic bombs
- Understanding the attacker
- Attack types: from denial of service to brute force attacks
- Preventing insider threats
- Wireless attacks
- Understanding cross-site scripting
- Preventing SQL injection
- Social engineering
- Scanning for vulnerabilities
- Penetration testing
- Assessing the impact of vulnerabilities
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
2. Understanding Attackers
3. Understanding Attack Types
4. Wireless Attacks
5. Application Attacks
6. Social Engineering Attacks
7. Vulnerability Scanning and Penetration Testing
8. Impact of Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.