After completing this video, the learner will understand the different options for alternate processing facilities, including hot sites, warm sites, cold sites and the offsite storage of backup data.
- [VOICEOVER] During a disaster, organizations may need…to shift their computing functions from their primary data…center to an alternate facility…designed to carry the load when the primary site…is unavailable or non-functioning.…Disaster Recovery Sites are alternate processing…facilities specifically designed for this purpose.…Most of the time they sit idle,…waiting to step in when an emergency situation arises.…There are three main types of alternate processing facility.…
Hot sites, cold sites and warm sites.…Hot sites are the premier form…of disaster recovery facility.…They are fully operational data centers…that have all of the equipment and data required…to handle operations, ready to run.…Technology staff can activate the hot site at a moment's…notice and in many cases, the hot site will actually…activate itself if the primary site fails.…This provides an unparalleled level of redundancy,…but it also comes at great expense.…
The cost of building and maintaining a hot site…are typically similar to those…
- Implementing security controls and policies
- Performing a risk assessment
- Understanding the five risk management actions
- Managing third-party relationships (vendors, etc.)
- Mitigating risk with change management, audits and assessments, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Understanding digital forensics
- Providing security and compliance training
- Ensuring physical security
- Planning for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Matching controls to security goals
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Controls and Risks
2. Third-Party Relationships
Vendor agreements3m 34s
3. Risk Mitigation Strategies
4. Incident Response
6. Awareness and Training
7. Physical Security and Environmental Controls
8. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
9. Matching Controls to Security Goals
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.