Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Defense in depth, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-401) Cert Prep: Network Security.
- Defense in Depth is one of the core principles…of information security, and it certainly applies…in the case of network security.…The Defense in Depth principle states that…organizations should use multiple, overlapping security…controls to achieve the same control objective.…This is a layered approach to security…and protects against the failure…of any single security control.…If one control fails, there is still another control…designed to achieve the same security objective…standing in its place.…
When designing a secure network, you should definitely…follow this Defense in Depth principle.…Let's take a look at how we can apply…the Defense in Depth layered security approach…to three different network security control objectives.…First, all network security professionals…want to protect against eavesdropping attacks.…Unauthorized individuals should never have access…to confidential communications.…How might we implement this?…Encryption is always a strong first defense…against eavesdropping attacks.…
We can go a step further and implement…
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Working with the TCP/IP suite
- Securing switches and routers
- Configuring firewalls
- Setting up virtual private networks (VPNs)
- Detecting and preventing network intrusions
- Implementing unified threat management
- Using public and private network addressing effectively
- Segmenting networks
- Virtualization and cloud computing
- Managing secure networks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Cloud Computing and Virtualization
5. Managing Secure Networks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.