Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Data loss prevention, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) Cert Prep: 2 Technologies and Tools.
- [Instructor] Organizations handle many different types…of sensitive information on a regular basis.…This includes trade secrets, proprietary business plans,…health records, and the personal identifying information,…or PII, of employees and customers.…Unwanted disclosures of sensitive information…could lead to very serious security incidents…that expose an organization to…fines, sanctions, and reputational damage.…Data Loss Prevention, or DLP solutions provide technology…that helps an organization enforce its information…handling policies and procedures…in order to prevent data loss and theft.…
DLP solutions search systems for stores of…sensitive information that might be unsecured…and they also monitor network traffic…for potential attempts to remove sensitive…information from the organization.…DLP solutions can act quickly to block transmissions…before damage is done and alert administrators…to attempted security breaches.…DLP systems work in two different environments.…Host-Based DLP uses software agents installed…
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.