After completing this video, the learner will understand how data loss prevention (DLP) technology may be used to enforce policy and procedures that prevent data loss and theft.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Organizations handle many different types of…sensitive information on a regular basis.…This includes trade secrets, proprietary business plans,…health records and the personal identifying information,…or PII, of employees and customers.…Unwanted disclosures of sensitive information…could lead to very serious security incidents…that expose an organization to fines,…sanctions and reputational damage.…Data loss prevention, or DLP solutions,…provide technology that helps an organization…enforce its information handling…policies and procedures in order to prevent…data loss and theft.…
DLP solution search systems for stores…of sensitive information that might be unsecured…and they also monitor network traffic…for potential attempts to remove sensitive information…from the organization.…DLP solutions can act quickly to block transmissions…before damage is done and alert administrators…to attempted security breaches.…DLP systems work in two different environments.…Host-based DLP uses software agents installed on…
- Implementing security controls and policies
- Performing a risk assessment
- Understanding the five risk management actions
- Managing third-party relationships (vendors, etc.)
- Mitigating risk with change management, audits and assessments, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Understanding digital forensics
- Providing security and compliance training
- Ensuring physical security
- Planning for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Matching controls to security goals
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Controls and Risks
2. Third-Party Relationships
Vendor agreements3m 34s
3. Risk Mitigation Strategies
4. Incident Response
6. Awareness and Training
7. Physical Security and Environmental Controls
8. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
9. Matching Controls to Security Goals
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.