Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Data execution prevention, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) Cert Prep: 2 Technologies and Tools.
- [Instructor] Data execution prevention,…or DEP technology, protects the core components…of the Windows operating system from malware…and other exploits.…DEP works by enforcing specific restrictions…on the places where executable code may be stored.…This technology prevents many types of attacks…by preventing the execution of code from inside…of a space reserved for process data, without the explicit…authorization of a system administrator.…
By default, DEP is turned on for Windows systems.…In some cases, if DEP interferes with the operation…of your system, you may need to disable it,…or modify its settings to exclude its use…on particular files.…Let's take a look at how you do that on a Windows server.…I'm at the system control panel on a Windows 2016 server.…I'm going to go ahead and click Advanced System Settings,…and then here on the Advanced tab of System Properties,…I'm going to click the Settings button…in the Performance section of this window,…opening up the Performance options window.…
Here I'm going to choose the third tab,…
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.