After completing this video, the learner will understand techniques used to protect the data center operating environment, including fire suppression systems, flood protection and the use of shielding against electromagnetic interference (EMI).
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] While heating and cooling concerns…top the list of environmental controls,…data center managers must also…be prepared for more serious situations,…such as fire, flooding, and electromagnetic interference.…Let's take a look at the controls used to protect…against those risks.…Fire is dangerous in any environment,…and can be particularly damaging in a facility…filled with electrical equipment.…For this reason, data center managers must design…fire suppression systems…that will extinguish a fire before it grows out of control.…
Let's talk briefly about how fires start.…In order for a fire to burn,…it requires three key ingredients: Heat, fuel and Oxygen.…If you can deprive a fire of any one of these three elements…it will go out.…The most common approach to fighting fires…is the use of water, which deprives the fire of heat.…But water is not effective against all types of fires,…and it can damage electronic equipment.…Fire extinguishers used to fight fires come rated…for different classes of fire.…
Class A fire extinguishers are for typical fires…
- Implementing security controls and policies
- Performing a risk assessment
- Understanding the five risk management actions
- Managing third-party relationships (vendors, etc.)
- Mitigating risk with change management, audits and assessments, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Understanding digital forensics
- Providing security and compliance training
- Ensuring physical security
- Planning for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Matching controls to security goals
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Controls and Risks
2. Third-Party Relationships
Vendor agreements3m 34s
3. Risk Mitigation Strategies
4. Incident Response
6. Awareness and Training
7. Physical Security and Environmental Controls
8. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
9. Matching Controls to Security Goals
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.