After completing this video, the learner will understand the objectives of the Cryptography domain of the Security+ exam.
- View Offline
- The sixth domain in the Security+ Exam, Cryptography,…makes up 12% of the questions on the Security+ Exam.…It has three objectives.…The first objective for this domain…requires that you be able to utilize…general cryptography concepts in a given scenario.…In this objective, you'll learn about the difference…between symmetric and asymmetric cryptography.…You'll also learn about proper key management techniques…and the fundamental differences…between different encryption methods.…
You'll understand the concepts of digital signatures…and nonrepudiation, and you'll understand how the use…of a proven encryption technology…is one of the strongest available security controls.…The second objective for the cryptography domain…is that you be able to use appropriate cryptographic…methods in a given scenario.…This includes a discussion of different wireless…encryption techniques and many different…encryption algorithms, including AES, DES,…Triple DES, RSA, Diffie–Hellman, and Blowfish.…
You'll also need to understand the use of different…
Join cybersecurity expert Mike Chapple as he shares with you tips on how to get ready for the exam and what to expect. He provides an overview of each exam topic, study tips, and suggestions for how to prepare yourself for the exam using practice assessments. He also provides instructions on how to register to take the exam.
This course works in coordination with the six-course Security+ series and provides a 90-question practice exam as a post-course assessment.
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Evaluating information security careers
- Determining the value of acquiring certification
- Reviewing the six domains in the CompTIA Security+ exam
- Anticipating the testing environment
- Preparing for different types of questions
- Meeting the requirements to pass the exam
- Practicing for the exam