Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Correlating security information, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) Cert Prep: 2 Technologies and Tools.
- [Instructor] You probably know that log files…are an important security control, allowing IT professionals…to detect suspicious activity taking place on systems,…networks and applications.…However, if you're like most security professionals,…you simply don't have the time to do a thorough job…of reviewing those logs manually.…There are simply far too many log entries…generated by systems each day, and trudging through them…would be tedious, mind-numbing work.…Fortunately, computers are very good at tedious work,…and most organizations now go beyond the simple…reporting and alerting mechanisms that I discussed earlier,…and apply artificial intelligence approaches to the problem…of security log analysis.…
Security information and event management, or SIEM systems,…have two major functions on an enterprise network.…First, they act as a central, secure collection point…for log entries.…Administrators configure all of their systems,…network devices, and applications to send log records…directly to the SIEM, and the SIEM stores them…
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.