As you build a defense-in-depth approach to information security, you should be sure to incorporate control diversity into your design. Learn about the importance of control and vendor diversity.
- [Instructor] As you build a defense in depth approach…to information security, you should be sure to incorporate…control diversity into your design.…Diversity brings strength, we value diversity…in our organizations…because people from different backgrounds…bring different experiences, talents…and stories to the table.…Our teams become stronger…because they contain a wide range of backgrounds…and working styles.…
Diversity isn't limited to people, when we're designing…a defense in depth approach to information security,…diversity in the types of controls that we use,…creates a stronger security program.…That diversity can come in two different forms;…control type diversity and vendor diversity.…Control type diversity…means using controls from different categories…to achieve the same control objective.…In cyber security, we often categorize our controls…into technical, administrative and physical controls,…based upon the way they function.…
If we mix controls from these different categories,…we are much more likely…
Instructor Mike Chapple has designed the training around the most recent version of CompTIA Security+, SY0-501, which expands coverage of mobile and cloud technologies. By learning about the topics in this course, you'll be prepared to answer questions from the latest exam—and strengthen your own organization's systems and defenses. To join one of Mike's free study groups, visit certmike.com.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Developing security baselines
- Leveraging standards
- Delivering and measuring user training
- Designing a secure network
- Designing secure systems, from the OS to peripherals
- Secure staging and deployment
- Securing smart devices and embedded systems
- Developing secure software
- Cloud computing and virtualization
- Securing hardware, facilities, data centers, and other physical risks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Security Design
2. User Training
3. Secure Network Design
4. Secure Systems Design
5. Secure Staging and Deployment
Software staging and release4m 51s
6. Embedded System Security
7. Software Development Security
8. Cloud Computing and Virtualization
9. Physical Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.