Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Control categories, part of CompTIA Security+ Exam Prep (SY0-401): Threats and Vulnerabilities.
- [Voiceover] Security professionals spend…their entire careers building controls…to protect organizations…against information security threats.…The effectiveness of these controls determines…how well protected the organization is against attack.…As security professionals assess their environments,…they seek to determine whether…they have sufficient controls in place…and whether those controls are functioning well enough…to meet the organization's control objectives.…It is easier to assess these characteristics…when controls are organized into logical categories.…
Most security professionals organize controls…into three groups:…Preventive, Detective, and Corrective controls.…Preventive Controls come into play…before a security incident occurs.…Their purpose is to prevent the incident…from happening in the first place.…For example, a firewall might restrict inbound connections…to an organization.…An intrusion prevention system might block traffic…to a web server that appears…to contain a SQL injection attack.…Access control systems limit access…
NOTE: We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. Our training prepares members to pass CompTIA certification exams and become qualified IT professionals. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Comparing viruses, worms, and Trojans
- Understanding backdoors and logic bombs
- Defending against denial of service and password attacks
- Preventing insider threats
- Detecting social engineering attacks
- Preventing wireless eavesdropping
- Understanding cross-site scripting
- Preventing SQL injection
- Deterring attacks
- Securing your network
- Scanning for and assessing threats
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Understanding Attack Types
3. Social Engineering Attacks
4. Wireless Attacks
5. Application Attacks
6. Mitigation and Deterrence
7. Discovering Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.