Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Continuous security monitoring, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) Cert Prep: 2 Technologies and Tools.
- [Instructor] Continuous security monitoring approaches…take security monitoring to the next level.…Instead of simply focusing on…the periodic review of logs for unusual activity,…they conduct this analysis in real time…and can even take action in response to suspicious events.…Here's a more formal definition of continuous monitoring…from NIST.…Information security continuous monitoring…is maintaining ongoing awareness of information security,…vulnerabilities, and threats…to support organizational risk management decisions.…
As with many other information security activities,…NIST provides a framework for developing…a continuous approach to security monitoring.…They begin with three core characteristics…of a continuous monitoring program.…They should map to an organization's risk tolerance.…You need to make sure that…the continuous monitoring activities you undertake…are appropriate for your environment.…Security is an ever-changing field,…and businesses evolve as needs change.…Continuous security monitoring programs must adapt…
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.