After completing this video, the learner will understand the continuing education requirements for the Security+ exam.
- Once you pass the Security+ exam,…you'll receive a handsome certificate…that is suitable for framing.…You can take some time to sit back…and enjoy your accomplishment,…but your security certification journey…has only just begun.…You may wish to take this opportunity…to continue your studies and work on…an advanced certification,…such as the Certified Information Systems…Security Professional credential.…Or perhaps you'll want to pursue…and academic degree in cyber security.…In any case, you will need to pursue…additional professional education.…
Not only to advance your knowledge,…but also to maintain your Security+ certification.…Your certification is good for a three-year period.…To renew your certification,…you'll need to demonstrate that you completed…at least 50 hours of continuing professional education.…You have many different options for meeting…this continuing education requirement.…First, you may earn another certification from CompTIA.…If you take and pass the CompTIA…Advanced Security Practitioner exam…
Join cybersecurity expert Mike Chapple as he shares with you tips on how to get ready for the exam and what to expect. He provides an overview of each exam topic, study tips, and suggestions for how to prepare yourself for the exam using practice assessments. He also provides instructions on how to register to take the exam.
This course works in coordination with the six-course Security+ series and provides a 90-question practice exam as a post-course assessment.
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Evaluating information security careers
- Determining the value of acquiring certification
- Reviewing the six domains in the CompTIA Security+ exam
- Anticipating the testing environment
- Preparing for different types of questions
- Meeting the requirements to pass the exam
- Practicing for the exam