Configuration vulnerabilities can also have serious impacts on enterprise security. In this video, Mike Chapple explains the impact of misconfigurations, weak and default configurations, improperly configured accounts, and cryptographic vulnerabilties.
- [Instructor] Configuration vulnerabilities…can also have serious impacts on enterprise security.…A few simple errors in a system configuration…can result in very significant security vulnerabilities…that an attacker can exploit…to gain access to sensitive information or systems.…One common mistake that IT staff make…is taking a system directly from a manufacturer…and installing it on their network…without modifying the default configuration.…This is especially true in the case of devices…that contain embedded computers but are not commonly managed…as part of the enterprise IT infrastructure.…
These include copiers, building control systems,…research equipment…and other devices that come directly from vendors.…The default configurations on these devices…may contain open firewalls, guest accounts,…default passwords or other serious security issues.…IT staff should always verify the security of devices…before connecting them to the network.…System, application, and device configurations vary widely…and can often be very complicated.…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Comparing viruses, worms, and Trojans
- Backdoors and logic bombs
- Understanding the attacker
- Attack types: from denial of service to brute force attacks
- Preventing insider threats
- Wireless attacks
- Understanding cross-site scripting
- Preventing SQL injection
- Social engineering
- Scanning for vulnerabilities
- Penetration testing
- Assessing the impact of vulnerabilities
Skill Level Beginner
2. Understanding Attackers
3. Understanding Attack Types
4. Wireless Attacks
5. Application Attacks
6. Social Engineering Attacks
7. Vulnerability Scanning and Penetration Testing
8. Impact of Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.