After completing this video, the learner will understand information security compliance issues, including compliance with laws, regulations, best practices and standards.
- [Voiceover] While we typically develop security programs…for the purpose of safeguarding the confidentiality,…integrity, and availability of our information,…we also often face external requirements…to build security controls.…Compliance programs ensure…that an organization's security controls…are consistent with a variety of laws,…regulations, and standards that govern organizations.…There are a wide variety of compliance obligations…facing modern enterprises, and these obligations differ…depending upon the geographic location of the organization…and its industry.…
A university in the United States…has far different compliance requirements, for example,…than a retail merchant in Europe.…Both organizations may face a significant compliance burden,…but the details will vary.…Security training programs should include coverage…of the specific compliance obligations…facing an organization, as well as the responsibilities…of individual employees to ensure continued compliance.…For example, if a law requires…that employees never write down credit card numbers,…
- Implementing security controls and policies
- Performing a risk assessment
- Understanding the five risk management actions
- Managing third-party relationships (vendors, etc.)
- Mitigating risk with change management, audits and assessments, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Understanding digital forensics
- Providing security and compliance training
- Ensuring physical security
- Planning for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Matching controls to security goals
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Controls and Risks
2. Third-Party Relationships
Vendor agreements3m 34s
3. Risk Mitigation Strategies
4. Incident Response
6. Awareness and Training
7. Physical Security and Environmental Controls
8. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
9. Matching Controls to Security Goals
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.