After completing this video, the learner will understand the objectives of the Compliance and Operational Security domain of the Security+ exam.
- The second domain of the Security exam,…compliance and operational security,…makes up 18% of the questions on the Security exam.…It has nine objectives.…The first objective in this domain…is that you be able to explain the importance…of risk-related concepts.…You'll learn how risk assessment and risk management…serve as the foundation for all of the activities…of information security professionals.…You'll learn how policies reduce risk…and how security professionals apply…different control types to mitigate the risks…facing their computing environments and information.…
The second objective requires that you summarize…the security implications of integrating systems…and data with third parties.…You'll learn about the various techniques…that security professionals use…to build secure, trusting relationships…with their business partners…through the use of service level agreements,…business process analysis, and other techniques.…You'll also learn the importance of strong policy,…data ownership, and backup procedures…
Join cybersecurity expert Mike Chapple as he shares with you tips on how to get ready for the exam and what to expect. He provides an overview of each exam topic, study tips, and suggestions for how to prepare yourself for the exam using practice assessments. He also provides instructions on how to register to take the exam.
This course works in coordination with the six-course Security+ series and provides a 90-question practice exam as a post-course assessment.
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Evaluating information security careers
- Determining the value of acquiring certification
- Reviewing the six domains in the CompTIA Security+ exam
- Anticipating the testing environment
- Preparing for different types of questions
- Meeting the requirements to pass the exam
- Practicing for the exam