- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
- [Mike] Hi, I'm Mike Chapple and I'd like to welcome you to our CompTIA Security+ Technology and Tools Course. The CompTIA Security+ certification is one of the most popular entry-level certifications for information security professionals. Earning the Security+ certification requires passing an exam covering six different domains of information security. This course covers one of those domains: technologies and tools. This domain accounts for 22% of the questions on the real exam, and this course is part of a seven course series designed to prepare you for the Security+ exam.
In this course, we'll be focusing on installing and configuring network components to support enterprise security, using tools to assess the security posture of an organization, trouble shooting common security issues, analyzing and interpreting output from security technologies, deploying mobile devices securely, and implementing secure protocols. The information you learn in this course will help you pass the Security+ exam and also provide a critical foundation for your career in information security.
In addition to the information that I cover in this course, I encourage you visit my website, at certmike.com and join my free Security+ study group. I'll send you exam tips, practice test questions, and reminders to keep you on track with your test preparation. Alright, let's get rolling.
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.