We are a CompTIA Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Comparing viruses, worms, and Trojans
- Backdoors and logic bombs
- Understanding the attacker
- Attack types: from denial of service to brute force attacks
- Preventing insider threats
- Wireless attacks
- Understanding cross-site scripting
- Preventing SQL injection
- Social engineering
- Scanning for vulnerabilities
- Penetration testing
- Assessing the impact of vulnerabilities
Skill Level Beginner
- [Mike] Hi, I'm Mike Chapple, and I'd like to welcome you to our CompTIA Security+ Threats, Attacks, and Vulnerabilities course. The CompTIA Security+ certification is one of the most popular entry level certifications for information security professionals. Earning the Security+ certification requires passing an exam covering six different domains of information security. This course covers one of those domains, threats, attacks, and vulnerabilities.
This domain accounts for 21% of the questions on the real test and this course is part of a seven course series designed to prepare you for the Security+ exam. In this course, we'll be focusing on different types of malware and how you can protect your systems against software-based threats, networking attacks that jeopardize the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your information and systems, social engineering techniques that attackers use to fool your employees into undermining your organization's security controls, application attacks that attempt to defeat web application security, and ways that you can detect threats and vulnerabilities in your environment and mitigate their effects.
The information you learn in this course will help you pass the Security+ exam and also provide a critical foundation for your career in information security. In addition to the information I cover in this course, I encourage you to visit my website at certmike.com and join my free Security+ study group. I'll send you exam tips, practice test questions, and reminders to help keep you on track with your test preparation. All right, let's get rolling.
2. Understanding Attackers
3. Understanding Attack Types
4. Wireless Attacks
5. Application Attacks
6. Social Engineering Attacks
7. Vulnerability Scanning and Penetration Testing
8. Impact of Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.