NOTE: We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. Our training prepares members to pass CompTIA certification exams and become qualified IT professionals. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Comparing viruses, worms, and Trojans
- Understanding backdoors and logic bombs
- Defending against denial of service and password attacks
- Preventing insider threats
- Detecting social engineering attacks
- Preventing wireless eavesdropping
- Understanding cross-site scripting
- Preventing SQL injection
- Deterring attacks
- Securing your network
- Scanning for and assessing threats
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Mike Chapple, and I'd like to welcome you to our CompTIA Security+ Threats and Vulnerabilities course. The CompTIA Security+ certification is one of the most popular entry-level certifications for information security professionals. Earning the Security+ certification requires passing an exam covering six different domains of information security. This course covers one of those domains, threats and vulnerabilities. In this course, we'll be focusing on different types of malware, and how you can protect your systems against software-based threats, networking attacks that jeopardize the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your information and systems, social engineering techniques that attackers use to fool your employees into undermining your organization's security controls, application attacks that attempt to defeat web application security, and ways that you can detect threats and vulnerabilities in your environment and mitigate their effects.
The information you learn in this course will help you pass the Security+ exam, and also provide a critical foundation for your career in information security. All right, let's get rolling.
Q: This course was updated on 04/25/2016. What changed?
A: We updated eight movies to stay on top of the latest trends in IT security, and the latest objectives on the "Threats and Vulnerabilities" domain of the CompTIA Security+ exam.
2. Understanding Attack Types
3. Social Engineering Attacks
4. Wireless Attacks
5. Application Attacks
6. Mitigation and Deterrence
7. Discovering Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.