This course is part of a six-course series on the CompTIA Security+ exam, and is useful for IT professionals who wish to learn more about information security as well as students preparing to take the Security+ exam.
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Choosing encryption algorithms
- Applying symmetric and asymmetric cryptography standards
- Implementing key management, including key exchange and key stretching
- Working with public keys, trust models, and digital certificates
- Using transport encryption protocols
- Securing wireless networks
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Mike Chapel and I'd like to welcome you to our CompTIA Security+ Cryptography course. The CompTIA Security+ certification is one of the most popular entry level certifications for Information Security professionals. Earning the Security+ certification requires passing an exam covering six different domains of information security. This course covers one of those domains, cryptography. This is the last course in a six part series designed to help you prepare for the Security+ exam.
In this course we'll be focusing on protecting information with encryption, understanding the different types of encryption available, managing the secure distribution of encryption keys, creating digital signatures to enforce non repudiation, securing network communications with encryption, and adding encryption security to authentication protocols. The information you learn in this course will help you pass the Security+ exam and also provide a critical foundation for your career in Information Security.
All right, let's get rolling.
2. Symmetric Cryptography
3. Asymmetric Cryptography
4. Key Management
5. Public Key Infrastructure
6. Transport Encryption
7. Wireless Security
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.