Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Cloud computing models, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-401) Cert Prep: Network Security.
- [Mike] Cloud computing is the information storage…and processing model of the future.…In the last video, you learned how virtualization…was a major advance in the industry…that evolved over time from mainframe computing…to the client-server model,…and eventually developed the virtualization technology…that allowed the use of the client-server model…on efficiently shared hardware.…Cloud computing is the next logical evolution…in the enterprise information technology world.…Virtualization made computing hardware a commodity.…
Cloud computing simply allows us to make hardware…a complete abstraction so that the engineers and developers…who manage servers and write code…don't need to know the details…of managing the underlying hardware platform.…In many cases, that platform may be managed…by a completely separate company.…Cloud computing, simply defined,…is the delivery of computing resources over a network,…such as the internet, as a service.…The cloud offers many benefits to organizations.…
It provides flexibility…
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Working with the TCP/IP suite
- Securing switches and routers
- Configuring firewalls
- Setting up virtual private networks (VPNs)
- Detecting and preventing network intrusions
- Implementing unified threat management
- Using public and private network addressing effectively
- Segmenting networks
- Virtualization and cloud computing
- Managing secure networks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Cloud Computing and Virtualization
5. Managing Secure Networks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.