Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Change and configuration management, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) Cert Prep: 2 Technologies and Tools.
- [Instructor] Information technology…is in a constant state of change.…It's hard to find an organization…that relies on technology…that doesn't go through changes everyday,…ranging from simple software updates…to major system deployments.…Information security professionals must understand…the roles that change and configuration management play…in protecting an organization.…Change is a good thing.…Progress comes from change.…And, organizations change on a daily basis.…When it comes to information technology,…organizations must take steps to ensure that change…achieves business objectives without disrupting operations.…
That's where change management comes into play.…Change management processes ensure that organizations…follow a standardized process for requesting,…reviewing, approving,…and implementing changes to information systems.…They have the goal of minimizing the probability…and impact of disruptions to normal IT services…because of change.…This includes an assessment of the security impact…of a proposed change.…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.