We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Careers available in information security
- Exploring the six Security+ domains
- Reviewing the types of questions found on the exam
- Requirements for passing the Security+ exam
- Using assessment quizzes and practice tests
- Continuing education requirements
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, I'm Mike Chapple, and I'd like to welcome you to our course on preparing for the Security+ exam. The CompTIA Security+ certification is one of the most popular entry level certifications for information security professionals. This course serves as the introduction to a series of six courses, each one focused on one of the six domains of the Security+ exam. As you work your way through each of these courses, you'll pick up all of the knowledge you need to earn your Security+ certification. As a CompTIA authorized content provider, we're ready to help you pass your certification exam on the first try.
I've been an information security professional for over two decades in the government, private industry, and higher education. I hold the Security+, Cybersecurity Analyst+, and Certified Information Systems Security Professional certifications and have been active as a security certification expert for many years. Three of my books, the CISSP Study Guide, the CISSP Practice Tests, and the CSA+ Study Guide, are bestselling exam prep tools that have helped thousands of students just like you earn security certifications.
In this course, I'll provide you with the background knowledge that you need to begin your preparations for the Security+ exam. We'll cover the value of the Security+ certification, describe the six domains of the Security+ curriculum, give you an insider's view of the exam, and help you design your own study strategy. All right, let's get rolling.
Q: This course was updated on 04/16/2018. What changed?
A: We added one video on stackable certifications.