After completing this video, the learner will understand the business continuity planning process, including developing and documenting the project scope, conducting business impact assessments and developing risk assessments.
- [Voiceover] Business Continuity Planning…is one of the core responsibilities…of the Information Security Profession.…Business Continuity efforts are a collection…of activities designed to keep…a business running in the face of adversity.…This adversity may come in the form of…a small scale incident,…such as a single system failure…or a catastrophic incident,…such as an earth quake or a tornado.…Business continuity plans may also…be activated by man-made disasters,…such as a terrorist attack or hacker intrusion.…While many organizations place…responsibility for business continuity…with operational engineering teams,…business continuity is a core security concept…because it is the primary control…that supports the security objective of availability.…
Remember, that's one of the big three…objectives of Information Security.…Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability.…When an organization begins a…business continuity effort,…it's easy to quickly become overwhelmed…by the many possible scenarios and…controls that the project might consider.…
- Implementing security controls and policies
- Performing a risk assessment
- Understanding the five risk management actions
- Managing third-party relationships (vendors, etc.)
- Mitigating risk with change management, audits and assessments, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Understanding digital forensics
- Providing security and compliance training
- Ensuring physical security
- Planning for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Matching controls to security goals
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Controls and Risks
2. Third-Party Relationships
Vendor agreements3m 34s
3. Risk Mitigation Strategies
4. Incident Response
6. Awareness and Training
7. Physical Security and Environmental Controls
8. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
9. Matching Controls to Security Goals
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.