Architectural vulnerabilities arise when a complex system is improperly designed. In this video, Mike Chapple explains the impact of architectural and design weaknesses, vulnerable business processes, and the result of system sprawl and undocumented assets.
- [Lecturer] Architectural vulnerabilities arise…when a complex system is improperly designed.…They may create fundamental flaws in a system…that are very difficult to remediate.…IT architecture is set of well-defined practices…and processes used to build complex, technical systems.…IT architects function in roles similar…to that of traditional architects.…Instead of putting together complex buildings,…they are putting together different technologies…in a way that meets business requirements.…
Security is one of the most important of those requirements.…The key to avoiding security weaknesses…in architecture and system designs…is to incorporate security requirements early…making them design criteria,…rather than after-the-fact concerns.…One recipe for disaster is designing a system first,…and then trying to bolt on security after-the-fact.…When you're considering the security of a system,…don't just look at the technical architecture and design.…
You also need to think about the complex interweaving…of business processes and people involved…
- Comparing viruses, worms, and Trojans
- Backdoors and logic bombs
- Understanding the attacker
- Attack types: from denial of service to brute force attacks
- Preventing insider threats
- Wireless attacks
- Understanding cross-site scripting
- Preventing SQL injection
- Social engineering
- Scanning for vulnerabilities
- Penetration testing
- Assessing the impact of vulnerabilities
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
2. Understanding Attackers
3. Understanding Attack Types
4. Wireless Attacks
5. Application Attacks
6. Social Engineering Attacks
7. Vulnerability Scanning and Penetration Testing
8. Impact of Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.