Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Application management, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) Cert Prep: 2 Technologies and Tools.
- [Narrator] One of the best ways to protect against…malicious software is to prevent users…from running unwanted applications…with a technology called Application Control.…Application control restricts the software…that runs on a system to programs…that meet the organization's security policy.…There are two main approaches to application control,…whitelisting and blacklisting.…In the whitelisting approach,…administrators create a list of all of the applications…that users may run on their systems.…This works well in a very tightly controlled environment,…but can be difficult to administer…if you have many different applications and roles.…
The blacklisting approach offers…users much more flexibility.…Instead of listing the applications that users are allowed…to run, administrators list prohibited applications.…This is much easier for users,…but reduces the effectiveness of application control.…Windows provides the AppLocker functionality…to implement application control.…Let's go ahead and build an AppLocker application…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- IP addresses
- Routers, switches, and bridges
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Network intrusion detection and prevention
- Managing secure networks
- Tuning and configuring SIEMs
- Troubleshooting digital certificates
- Personnel, host, and mobile device security
- Mobile device management and tracking
- Securing common protocols
Skill Level Beginner
1. TCP/IP Suite
2. Network Security Devices
3. Managing Secure Networks
4. Wireless Networking
5. Security and Monitoring Technologies
6. Security Assessment Tools
7. Security Troubleshooting
8. Personnel Security
9. Host Security
10. Mobile Device Security
11. Securing Protocols
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.