After completing this video, the learner will understand the objectives of the Application, Data and Host Security domain of the Security+ exam.
- The fourth domain of the Security+ exam,…application, data, and host security,…makes up 15% of the questions…on the Security+ exam.…It has five objectives.…In the first objective of this domain,…you need to explain the importance…of application security controls and techniques.…These include fuzzing and secure coding concepts…that include error and exception handling,…and input validation.…You'll need to understand how to prevent…common application attacks,…such as cross-site scripting…and cross-site request forgery.…
You also need to understand how to harden your applications…and patch them against common vulnerabilities.…The second objective for this domain requires that you…summarize mobile security concepts and technologies.…This includes standard practices for device security,…application security, and bring your own device scenarios.…To successfully complete the third objective…for this domain, you need to select the appropriate solution…to establish host security in a given scenario.…
This includes operating system security and settings,…
Join cybersecurity expert Mike Chapple as he shares with you tips on how to get ready for the exam and what to expect. He provides an overview of each exam topic, study tips, and suggestions for how to prepare yourself for the exam using practice assessments. He also provides instructions on how to register to take the exam.
This course works in coordination with the six-course Security+ series and provides a 90-question practice exam as a post-course assessment.
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Evaluating information security careers
- Determining the value of acquiring certification
- Reviewing the six domains in the CompTIA Security+ exam
- Anticipating the testing environment
- Preparing for different types of questions
- Meeting the requirements to pass the exam
- Practicing for the exam