In this video, learn about advanced vulnerability scanning concepts, including intrusive vs. non-intrusive scanning, credentialed vs. noncredentialed scanning, and the verification of false positives.
- We've already discussed many of the basic concepts…of vulnerability scanning in this course.…Let's now take a moment to dive deeper into…a few advanced vulnerability scanning topics…that the security plus exam covers.…As you set up a vulnerability scan you need to carefully…consider the type of scan that you will perform.…Most scanners allow you to choose between intrusive…and non-intrusive or dangerous and safe modes.…Scans run in non-intrusive or safe mode will not perform…tests that could themselves disrupt system operation.…
This is the safest way to go when you are…worried about damaging production services.…But this mode does not provide an accurate…picture of security because it fails to show you…if those attacks would have been successful.…One way to balance these concerns…is to run tests against production systems in safe mode…but then clone those systems running…dangerous mode scans against the images.…When you run vulnerability scans you'll receive detailed…reports of issues discovered during the scan.…
- Comparing viruses, worms, and Trojans
- Backdoors and logic bombs
- Understanding the attacker
- Attack types: from denial of service to brute force attacks
- Preventing insider threats
- Wireless attacks
- Understanding cross-site scripting
- Preventing SQL injection
- Social engineering
- Scanning for vulnerabilities
- Penetration testing
- Assessing the impact of vulnerabilities
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
2. Understanding Attackers
3. Understanding Attack Types
4. Wireless Attacks
5. Application Attacks
6. Social Engineering Attacks
7. Vulnerability Scanning and Penetration Testing
8. Impact of Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.