Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Advanced vulnerability scanning, part of CompTIA Security+ Exam Prep (SY0-401): Threats and Vulnerabilities.
- We've already discussed many of the basic concepts…of vulnerability scanning in this course.…Let's now take a moment to dive deeper…into a few advanced vulnerability scanning topics…that the Security+ Exam covers.…As you set up a vulnerability scan,…you need to carefully consider the type of scan…that you will perform.…Most scanners allow you to choose between…intrusive and non-intrusive,…or dangerous and safe modes.…Scans run in non-intrusive or safe mode…will not perform tests that could themselves…disrupt system operation.…
This is the safest way to go when you are worried…about damaging production services,…but this mode does not provide an accurate…picture of security because it fails to show you…if those attacks would have been successful.…One way to balance these concerns…is to run tests against production systems in safe mode…but then clone those systems running dangerous…mode scans against the images.…When you run vulnerability scans, you'll receive…detailed reports of issues discovered during the scan.…
NOTE: We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. Our training prepares members to pass CompTIA certification exams and become qualified IT professionals. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Comparing viruses, worms, and Trojans
- Understanding backdoors and logic bombs
- Defending against denial of service and password attacks
- Preventing insider threats
- Detecting social engineering attacks
- Preventing wireless eavesdropping
- Understanding cross-site scripting
- Preventing SQL injection
- Deterring attacks
- Securing your network
- Scanning for and assessing threats
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Understanding Attack Types
3. Social Engineering Attacks
4. Wireless Attacks
5. Application Attacks
6. Mitigation and Deterrence
7. Discovering Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.