Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Advanced persistent threats, part of CompTIA Security+ (SY0-401) Cert Prep: Threats and Vulnerabilities.
- [Voiceover] Many attacks take place…because an organization fails to apply security patches,…leaving them vulnerable to an attacker…who knows how to exploit a vulnerability.…The fix for that situation is simple.…Organizations should apply security updates…as soon as they are available…from operating system and application vendors…to fortify their systems against attack.…Unfortunately, it's not always possible…to protect yourself from every possible vulnerability…because not all vulnerabilities are known.…
Consider, for example, that modern operating systems…literally contain millions of lines of code.…There is no doubt that lurking…in that massive amount of code,…there are new security vulnerabilities…that the security community simply…hasn't discovered yet.…Those vulnerabilities can expose an organization to risk.…When a security researcher discovers a new vulnerability,…they typically handle it in an ethical…and a responsible fashion.…This normally means notifying the vendor responsible…for the vulnerability and giving them the opportunity…
NOTE: We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. Our training prepares members to pass CompTIA certification exams and become qualified IT professionals. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Comparing viruses, worms, and Trojans
- Understanding backdoors and logic bombs
- Defending against denial of service and password attacks
- Preventing insider threats
- Detecting social engineering attacks
- Preventing wireless eavesdropping
- Understanding cross-site scripting
- Preventing SQL injection
- Deterring attacks
- Securing your network
- Scanning for and assessing threats
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/25/2016. What changed?
A: We updated eight movies to stay on top of the latest trends in IT security, and the latest objectives on the "Threats and Vulnerabilities" domain of the CompTIA Security+ exam.
2. Understanding Attack Types
3. Social Engineering Attacks
4. Wireless Attacks
5. Application Attacks
6. Mitigation and Deterrence
7. Discovering Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.