After completing this video, the learner will understand the objectives of the Access Control and Identity Management domain of the Security+ exam.
- View Offline
- The fifth domain of the Security+ exam,…access control and identity management,…makes up 15% of the questions on the Security+ exam.…It has three objectives.…The first objective of this domain requires…that you compare and contrast the function and purpose…of authentication services.…These include RADIUS, TACACS, Kerberos,…LDAP, and SAML.…Those technologies form the basis of access control…and identity management technology.…
The second objective for this domain…requires that you select the appropriate…authentication, authorization, or access control…for a given scenario.…You first need to understand the differences…between identification, authentication,…and authorization.…You'll need to understand authorization controls…such as least privilege, separation of duties,…and different access control models.…You'll also need to understand authentication techniques,…including biometric authentication,…token-based authentication,…and various types of access cards.…
This objective includes the five different…authentication factors.…
Join cybersecurity expert Mike Chapple as he shares with you tips on how to get ready for the exam and what to expect. He provides an overview of each exam topic, study tips, and suggestions for how to prepare yourself for the exam using practice assessments. He also provides instructions on how to register to take the exam.
This course works in coordination with the six-course Security+ series and provides a 90-question practice exam as a post-course assessment.
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Evaluating information security careers
- Determining the value of acquiring certification
- Reviewing the six domains in the CompTIA Security+ exam
- Anticipating the testing environment
- Preparing for different types of questions
- Meeting the requirements to pass the exam
- Practicing for the exam