After completing this video, the learner will understand the use of modern symmetric encryption algorithms including AES, Blowfish and Twofish.
- [Voiceover] There are many other symmetric algorithms…available to meet the encryption needs of organizations.…Three of the major symmetric algorithms used today…are the Advanced Encryption Standard,…Blowfish, and Twofish.…The Advanced Encryption Standard, or AES,…came as a result of a competition,…led by the National Institute for Standards in Technology.…The purpose of this competition…was to replace the old, outdated data encryption standard…with a more secure alternative.…
The competition included five algorithms,…and the winner was an algorithm called Rijndael,…which is now better known as AES.…Like DES,…AES uses a combination…of substitution and transposition functions…to achieve strong encryption.…It is widely used today…in many different cryptographic applications,…ranging from web security…to encrypted voice communications.…Let's take a look at how AES works.…
Here I'm logged into a Linux system…that has the AES Crypt package installed.…AES Crypt is an open source package…available for all modern operating systems.…
This course is part of a six-course series on the CompTIA Security+ exam, and is useful for IT professionals who wish to learn more about information security as well as students preparing to take the Security+ exam.
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Choosing encryption algorithms
- Applying symmetric and asymmetric cryptography standards
- Implementing key management, including key exchange and key stretching
- Working with public keys, trust models, and digital certificates
- Using transport encryption protocols
- Securing wireless networks
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Symmetric Cryptography
3. Asymmetric Cryptography
4. Key Management
5. Public Key Infrastructure
6. Transport Encryption
7. Wireless Security
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.