Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Stackable certifications, part of Cert Prep: CompTIA Security+ Exam (SY0-501): The Basics.
- CompTIA recognizes that many individuals earn a series…of security certifications throughout their career,…and they've prepared a cybersecurity career path…that works its way through several different…CompTIA cybersecurity certifications.…All of the certifications in the cybersecurity career path…are designed to be stackable.…That means that you can combine them together,…or stack them to earn additional CompTIA designations.…The CompTIA cybersecurity career pathway has three levels…of certification: Specialist, Professional, and Expert.…
The entry level stackable certification…is the CompTIA Secure Infrastructure Specialist.…Earning this credential requires…earning three certifications from CompTIA.…The Security Plus certification…is CompTIA's entry level cybersecurity certification,…and it sits at the base of the stack.…To earn the CSIS credential, you'll need…to supplement the Security Plus certification…with the A Plus certification for technical support,…and the Network Plus certification for networking expertise.…
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Careers available in information security
- Exploring the six Security+ domains
- Reviewing the types of questions found on the exam
- Requirements for passing the Security+ exam
- Using assessment quizzes and practice tests
- Continuing education requirements
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/16/2018. What changed?
A: We added one video on stackable certifications.