Use the Scrivener split screen feature to look at two documents side by side. You can view two Scrivener documents vertically or horizontally. You can even see your corkboard or outline in split screen. Laura Bergells shows you how.
- [Narrator] Let's say I'm working this document,…but I also want to simultaneously review my work…on another document.…I want to view both at once, side by side,…to compare and contrast.…Let me show you how to do it.…At the top right of the editor area,…you'll see one small icon. It looks like a vertical split.…I'm going to click on it.…What you see now are two instances…of the the same document, side by side.…If I want to review any other document, however,…I can click on either instance,…then select another document in the binder.…
Now you'll see two different documents side by side.…You can click back and forth to work on each…of these documents at the same time.…You can compare and contrast, or even copy and paste.…And now, let's say you're done looking at documents…side by side, and you want to go back to looking at…one document at a time.…Go back to the icon at the top right,…and you can go back to either this one, or this one.…As an example, I'll click on this one.…
And now I've returned to a single document view.…
- Navigating the interface
- Creating a new project
- Merging documents
- Keeping track of characters and locations
- Exploring writing tools
- Managing footnotes, comments, and annotations
- Reviewing project and text statistics
- Exporting files
- Compiling as an ebook using presets
- Tips for sharing your work
Skill Level Beginner
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Intermediate
InDesign: Creating Long Documentswith Mike Rankin4h 30m Intermediate
1. Navigate Scrivener
2. Plan a New Project
3. Research Your Project
4. Write Your Project
5. Review and Edit Your Project
6. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.